Greasy Equipment Clean up
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Mix minimum 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water. Spray or apply to contaminated area and let sit for 5 to 20 minutes, keeping the area wet with OIL-OUT™. Spray or apply to area again, agitate with a brush or scrub pad and rinse with clean water.
- For heavily soiled equipment repeat process as many times as needed
For Oil Spills on Soil
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Mix minimum 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water. Spray or apply to contaminated area and let sit for 5 to 20 minutes, keeping the area wet with OIL-OUT™. Spray or apply to area again, agitate with a broom and do not rinse. The microbes in the product will continue to clean and break down the stain for the next 72 hours.
- Repeat process as needed every 2-3 days until stain is gone.
- Serious and reportable spills will need the addition of OIL-OUT™ specialized bacterial blends. We will be pleased to work with you to develop appropriate soil and water treatment programs. Natural solutions can be the most cost effective (usually 1/3 to 1/10 of the cost of alternatives). Please give us a call so we can propose a program to suit your needs.
For Ground and Storage Maintenance
- When you use OIL-OUT™ for grounds maintenance and preventive maintenance applications you can catch oil and other hydrocarbon contaminants before they have a chance to move through the soil and contaminate groundwater. The active bacteria in OIL-OUT™ will work with other naturally occurring microbes at digest and bioremediate soil and water.
- At sites where drums have been stored or occasional small spills may have occurred it is wise and prudent to apply out OIL-OUT™ directly to the surface as a part of a regular spring and summer maintenance program. Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Dilute 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water and spray area liberally.
For Concrete Stains
- Wet the area
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Dilute 2 parts OIL-OUT™ and 1 part warm water and apply mixture with pump-up sprayer in a thin film
- Brush with a stiff “street broom” and get a lather working
- Wait 20 minutes
- Brush again to loosen any residual oils
- (*see below) power-wash with a surface cleaner (2000 PSI) to remove oils that your scrubbing has released
- Verify that you have that you have no free oil residue (there will be no oily rainbow on the surface of the water)
- Spray residual stains with a thin film of mixture and allow to air dry. The microbes in the product will continue to clean and break down the stain for the next 72 hours
- Repeat step 8 every 4-7 days until the stain is faded to your satisfaction. The age and composition of the stain will determine how long it takes to completely fade away. (* For tougher oil stains it is better to allow the product to work for up to 24 hours before you use the surface cleaner as this actually saves both time and money – the key to our product ‘s success is ‘dwell time’.)
For Barbecues and Ovens
- OIL-OUT™ is an excellent product to clean your BBQ and any spills of cooking oils on any surface. Just mix at 10 parts water to 1 part OIL-OUT™, spray and brush and you can see those ugly greasy stains disappear before your eyes! For tougher stains just spray and leave – the longer you leave it, the more it cleans.
Operational Temperature Range/ Storage Requirements
- The beneficial bacteria strains included are able to sustain growth on a great variety of carbon sources from a low temperature of 4°C a high of 45°C. Do not store in temperatures exceeding 32°C or below freezing.
OIL-OUT™ must be diluted with water to activate the microbes and it will work best if used with warm water. Heavily soiled areas may require extra applications. Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions or for further instructions.