OIL-OUT™ is a microbial product formulated to break down fats, oils, grease, and other hydrocarbon stains. The product is useful on a wide range of surfaces.
OIL-OUT™ contains naturally occurring, non-pathogenic waste degrading microorganisms that can eliminate a wide range of organic waste (hydrocarbons, fats, oils as well as grease). The non-pathogenic waste degrading strains of microorganisms cause the elimination of hydrocarbons through biological conversion.
Oil-Out for greasy Equipment Clean up
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Mix minimum 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water. Spray or apply to the contaminated area and let sit for 5 to 20 minutes, keeping the area wet with OIL-OUT™. Spray or apply to the area again, agitate with a brush or scrub pad and rinse with clean water.
- For heavily soiled equipment repeat process as needed
Oil-Out for Oil Spills on Soil
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Mix minimum 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water. Spray or apply to the contaminated area and let sit for 5 to 20 minutes, keeping the area wet with OIL-OUT™. Spray or apply to the area again, agitate with a broom, and do not rinse. The microbes in the product will continue to clean and break down the stain for the next 72 hours.
- Repeat the process as needed every 2-3 days until the stain is gone.
- Serious and reportable spills will need the addition of OIL-OUT™ specialized bacterial blends. We will be pleased to work with you to develop appropriate soil and water treatment programs. Natural solutions can be the most cost-effective (usually 1/3 to 1/10 of the cost of alternatives). Please give us a call so we can propose a program to suit your needs.
Oil-Out for Ground and Storage Maintenance
- When you use OIL-OUT™ for grounds maintenance and preventive maintenance applications you can catch oil and other hydrocarbon contaminants before they have a chance to move through the soil and contaminate groundwater. The active bacteria in OIL-OUT™ will work with other naturally occurring microbes at digest and bioremediate soil and water.
- At sites where drums have been stored or occasional small spills may have occurred it is wise and prudent to apply out OIL-OUT™ directly to the surface as a part of a regular spring and summer maintenance program. Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Dilute 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water and spray area liberally.
Oil-Out for Concrete Stains
- Wet the area
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Dilute 2 parts OIL-OUT™ and 1 part warm water and apply the mixture with a pump-up sprayer in a thin film
- Brush with a stiff “street broom” and get a lather working
- Wait 20 minutes
- Brush again to loosen any residual oils
- (*see below) power-wash with a surface cleaner (2000 PSI) to remove oils that your scrubbing has released
- Verify that you have no free oil residue (there will be no oily rainbow on the surface of the water)
- Spray residual stains with a thin film of the mixture and allow to air dry. The microbes in the product will continue to clean and break down the stain for the next 72 hours
- Repeat step 8 every 4 to 7 days until the stain is faded. The age and composition of the stain will determine how long it takes to completely fade away. (* For tougher oil stains it is better to allow the product to work for up to 24 hours before you use the surface cleaner as this actually saves both time and money – the key to our product ‘s success is ‘dwell time’.)